 MediaWatch / 1191 (-20)
  Re: Wired.com: "Lego Site Irks Maori Sympathizer"

(...) "Robot" is from the Czech. You'll be hearing from Karel Capek's lawyers presently. Dave! (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Wired.com: "Lego Site Irks Maori Sympathizer"

(...) I am going to write to Lego to comlain about their unauthorised use of words from the language of the indigenous people of England such as train, robot etc Tim ;p (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  RE: Honda Element Commercial Link

(...) Yes, but ass ugly on purpose, as opposed to the Pontiac Spazztech... Ralph (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Brick Testament in San Jose Mercury News this Saturday

Just wanted to give a heads-up for anyone in the SF Bay Area that there will be an article on The Brick Testament in this Sunday's (18 October 2003) edition of the San Jose Mercury News. An interviwer and photographer from the paper came by my house (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak)

  Re: Commercial for the Honda Element

(...) Oh MAN! What a cool spot! I haven't seen it on TV, but I downloaded the Quicktime. Lots of little nuances in the animation. (Bricks getting nudged ever so slightly as other bricks squeeze in...) Interesting to note, the Director of the spot is (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Master Builder candidates on Wired.com!

(...) Sorry, I thought I had grabbed the first page of two. But just as well, so that our names were on the opening page. Wish me luck! Aaron S (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Master Builder candidates on Wired.com!

(...) You did notice that the link took you to page two of the article? Here's the link to the first page: (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Honda Element Commercial Link

(...) Cool commercial, ugly ass car. jt (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Honda Element Commercial Link

Here is a link to the Honda Element Commercial. (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Escher's "Relativity" - a study in SNOT

(...) 2003-10-15! Scan at: (URL) and dirty translation: "CONSTRUCTION TECHNIQUE It's happened again. Another impossible picture by the artist M. C. Escher, 'Relativity' from 1953, has been built with Lego. This time it's two gentlemen named Daniel (...) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Master Builder candidates on Wired.com!

(...) Cool! But the article was way too short...curse those editors!!! Joe Meno .space paparazzi! (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Commercial for the Honda Element

(...) That's too funny. Mine was almost like an 'out of lego experience,' if you will....I just happened to glance over at the tv, and there it was....I really thought it was a commercial FOR Lego, but alas, it was just not to be. Mike (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Master Builder candidates on Wired.com!

(...) Congratulations Aaron and Russell! Very Very Cool! Christina Hitchcock (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, FTX)

  Re: Commercial for the Honda Element

Yes, I saw this Sunday while watching and NFL game. By sheer coincidence I had spent the whole morning building a scale version of a Honda Element out of bricks; obviously not at the same scale as the commercial [grin]. eric (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Master Builder candidates on Wired.com!

WIRED.COM has an article on the search for a new Master Builder. The article includes quotes from the original announcement, and from Russell Clark and myself, Aaron Sneary. It's really exciting that the media is interested in this job search. Take (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Commercial for the Honda Element

Hello All--I just saw a commercial for the Honda Element that looked like it was building the car out of LEGO---I just wondered if anyone else had seen it or knows anything about it. It looked like it was raining brick, or scattering it kind of like (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: UPDATED: BayLUG to Show at Sacramento LEGO Tour Stop

(...) As a reminder the event is today, tomorrow and Sunday. KCRA in Sacramento had a news report on it-- they challenged a master builder, Kurt Zimmerle, to build the Tower Bridge (a local landmark) in 90 minutes-- in time to show it at the end of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Why isn't LEGO mentioned in Top Toys of 2003

(...) These are from Imaginext. It is not in any way compatible with Lego. I have seen these close up. Steven Weiser (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Why isn't LEGO mentioned in Top Toys of 2003

(URL) Doh! No Bionicle or Make&Create... But the Pirate set looks suspiciously familiar to LEGO's Pirate line (especially the sails...) -stephen (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO -- Ripley's: 8 October

(...) A few cool, if very brief, segment. I was glad to see it, because I thought I'd missed the broadcast, and I don't even usually watch the show at all. Of course, the commentator kept referring to "LEGOs," but Eric was studious enough to refer (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact