 MediaWatch / 1172
Re: LEGO -- Ripley's: 8 October
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:58:20 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Scott E. Sanburn wrote:

[Eric's] account of the experience is documented here:

http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/ripleys.html

I think one of the funniest things was the utter amazement of Kelly that you
can make mosaics out of LEGO elements. It did look like you were building it
while the show was going on, but I knew better, and I relayed some key
points of information to my wife who was watching it with me. I liked the
pictures they had of your knight figure, the globe, the bridge, and a few
other shots. They only had you talking about your job, and a few other brief
things, but I think your interview was a sum total of 20 seconds or so,
outside of the billboard shots.

A few cool, if very brief, segment.  I was glad to see it, because I thought I'd
missed the broadcast, and I don't even usually watch the show at all.

Of course, the commentator kept referring to "LEGOs," but Eric was studious
enough to refer to "pieces" rather than the forbidden pseudoplural!

     Dave!