 MediaWatch / 1171
Re: LEGO -- Ripley's: 8 October
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:33:24 GMT

Eric & All,

An update about the airing of my appearance on Ripley's Believe It Or
Not! TV.

Evidently my gig will be featured on Episode 421, which is to air on 8
October (this upcoming Wednesday).

The schedule at the TBS website:

http://tbssuperstation.com/series/EpisodeFeatures/0,,10899,00.html

lists me with other things like The Most Unbelievable Animals and a guy
who collects toothpaste...

I feel so well adjusted at this point.

Almost makes me want to turn on my TV.

My account of the experience is documented here:

http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/ripleys.html

After accidently running into this show last night (late night at work, and just
sat down to eat) I saw this episode in its entirety. I forgot to tape it (d'oh!)
but it was pretty neat.

I think one of the funniest things was the utter amazement of Kelly that you can
make mosaics out of LEGO elements. It did look like you were building it while
the show was going on, but I knew better, and I relayed some key points of
information to my wife who was watching it with me. I liked the pictures they
had of your knight figure, the globe, the bridge, and a few other shots. They
only had you talking about your job, and a few other brief things, but I think
your interview was a sum total of 20 seconds or so, outside of the billboard
shots.

After seeing the lady who had a surgical clamp inside of her for 21 years,
scotch flavored toothpaste, a boy who had flies growing inside of his body, a
lady who paints pictures underwater, two huge bodybuilder guys breaking bats on
their knees, and the spiderwoman, you looked utterly rational and normal.  : )

Congratulations!

Sincerely,
Scott S.
--