 MediaWatch / 1059
Re: LEGO® Company Asks: What Will You Make?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:26:03 GMT

   I had a fantastic time, and Holger and I got to spend time with some of the Master Builders, who are a really great bunch of people.

Neat, so did you learn any new modeling techniques from them? Did they critique your models?

Well, they were very busy most of the time since they were the “guests of honor” at the event. (They lead some building projects with kids, spoke on stage to the press, etc. )

I got to chat with a Master Builder named Peter early in the morning after he did a live shoot for a New York TV station. Peter came up with many of the sets that are now in the LEGO Designer series. He talked about how great it is to design something and then watch a child actually grab hold of it, understand it, build it, and play with it.

Holger was also yabbering on in German much of the time with one of the Master Builders from Germany, so I’ll leave it to him to tell you what she said... mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut. :) But she seemed excited to see his work. I also chatted with a Master Builder named Guy, who liked my LEGO city. :)

   Cool event pictures. Some of the celebrity designs are funny.

It was neat to see the vast difference in styles and models. I don’t think I had a photo of this one, but one person made a lighthouse that had a flashlight buried inside and a CD Player built into the base, that had sounds of the ocean playing through small speakers in the model. what a great idea!

This model had a large rubber squeeze-bulb that said “squeeze me!” on it... If you squeezed it, a small stream of water shot out at you. :)

Sean