 MediaWatch / 1034
Re: Bionicle move trailer (sort of)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 00:34:27 GMT

The movie is being distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, which
actually holds the copyright on "BIONICLE™: Mask of Light". And BVHE is
owned by Disney (not sure if it's wholly or partially owned, but Disney has
at least a majority stake).

Disney has tendrils weaving all throughout SoCal and there's not much that
goes on without The Walt Disney Company being involved to some extent. In
fact, Creative Capers has done more than 50 video game titles for Disney
Interactive, and two of the three company principals have worked for Disney.

But Disney is not directly involved, although subsidiary Miramax is, both in
the direct-to-video and the upcoming theatrical release.

Pixar isn't involved at all, to the best of my knowledge. All the animation
work (wireframes, rendering, etc.) is being done in Taipei.

I'm sure as Sept. 16th nears (the Bionicle movie's release date), we'll see
and hear a lot more about LEGO's first movie.

- Kelly