 Marketplace / Theory / 87
Re: Cost per piece?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 05:37:06 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

The newer "juniorized" sets seem to be running 20 cents a piece. Freestyle
sets usually run less than 5 cents a piece, and brick buckets run less than
2 cents a piece. Because of this, I have bought a bunch of Freestyle sets
when the special pieces are mostly usefull to me (though Freestyle sets and
brick buckets tend to have a higher proportion of 1x1 bricks than general
sets). Note that Freestyle now seems to be called "Classic".

I saw the new Classic buckets and boxes today at Zany Brainy. I don't like them.
Most of the pieces in the 400 piece bucket ($9.99)were plates.The decent sized
plates were blue. The other colors were yellow, red and I think white. There was
1 2x2 med clear slope, 2 1x2 small lt gray ladder, some wheels, one yellow door,
red slopes and I think I remember seeing a propeller and a small green
baseplate.Whoopee.

After checking out the other Classic sets on the shelves, I definitely prefer
FreeStyle (fun arches, minifig accessories,slopes in a variety of
colors,trees,flowers).

If anybody has comments to add to my ramblings, it probably doesn't belong in
.market, is .general the place to continue?

Julie