 Marketplace / Theory / 788
Re: E-Bay Experiment - The 5561 Dune Buggy Alternate Model Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:17:16 GMT

So my conclusion - it was a failure.

The auction ended with three bids and closed at $11.99.  As I pointed out in
the auction listing the wheels alone cost $12 from LEGO S@H.

In my opinion, the text was poorly worded. It was not clear to me if you were
including the wheels or not! In fact, I though they were not.

You said:
"This is not a complete 5561 set but does include a lot of nice parts from 5561
including all but two of the chrome pieces and the four large balloon tires
(sold in pairs by LEGO  as service pack 5282 for $6.00 each - i.e. $12.00 worth
of tires)."

This read, to me, like the 2 chrome parts and 4 tires are not included, but if
the buyer did want the tires they could be had at S@H. Am I the only person that
thinks this?

If I decide to try another auction, I

I'd try again if I were you, but try to be a bit clearer. My preference is to
use bulleted text which is clear and can be read in seconds - along with an
uncluttered picture to illustrate the set. That way, your buyer will know
straight away just what s/he is looking at.  This is my preference, I'm not
saying this is the only way to do it.

It looks like Steve got a real bargain IMOP.

Scott A