 Marketplace / Theory / 786
  E-Bay Experiment - The 5561 Dune Buggy Alternate Model Auction

Last night my auction for the 5561 alternate Dune Buggy Model ended. I had put the brand new pieces necessary to build the alternate model from a brand new 5561 (purchased from a local KB Toys for $40) up for auction with an opening bid of $9.99. I (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: E-Bay Experiment - The 5561 Dune Buggy Alternate Model Auction

(...) In my opinion, the text was poorly worded. It was not clear to me if you were including the wheels or not! In fact, I though they were not. You said: "This is not a complete 5561 set but does include a lot of nice parts from 5561 including all (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: E-Bay Experiment - The 5561 Dune Buggy Alternate Model Auction

(...) There may be something to what you say, leaving commas out sometimes subtracts from clarity. Still I would think that buyers who were interested would have sent a note to Mike (however, given the number of sellers who ignore notes, it's (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: E-Bay Experiment - The 5561 Dune Buggy Alternate Model Auction

In lugnet.market.theory, Scott Arthur writes: <snip> (...) <snip> Hi Scott, I ,too, was puzzuled by this and wasnt sure the tires were included even though they were in the actual picture of the model for sale John (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

John Morgan wrote in message ... (...) from 5561 (...) tires (...) worth (...) but if (...) person that (...) I thought I was being clear where I stated at the beginning of the listing that it "included all of the parts necessary to build the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)