 Marketplace / Theory / 623
  Re: [FA] - eBay - Lego CUSTOM: - Unique 4 axle custom Hopper

(...) I'm not worried about it. People have been selling custom LEGO models via auction for more than 5 years and as long as you don't infringe on any of TLC's IP or accidentally misrepresent the models as being official, it's really no different in (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: [FA] - eBay - Lego CUSTOM: - Unique 4 axle custom Hopper

(...) I see it as light-years away from selling clones. I get what you're saying, but, clone manufacturers have to take care not to violate any of LEGO's patents. Since we're not manufacturering bricks, that's not a problem in the least. There is (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: [FA] - eBay - Lego CUSTOM: - Unique 4 axle custom Hopper

(...) Exactly. It's so far away from selling clones that in the worse case, it's like the kinds of set-design (not parts design) issues that clone- brand manufacturers have to worry about. In the best case, it's so far away from selling clones that (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: [FA] - eBay - Lego CUSTOM: - Unique 4 axle custom Hopper

(...) Ahh, but all the parts *are* official TLC parts (even if you do not say that). A big issue with bulk sales is that someone does not take advantage of the *privilege* (of buying bulk) to compete with TLC in the same venue. I would hate to see a (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

Ray Sanders wrote in message <38541EAB.7CA7F4DB@gate.net>... (...) Hey cool. MB has some reasonably nice set designs, and if they got TLC to manufacture the parts they have that TLC doesn't that would be even cooler - they have some nice parts. If (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: [FA] - eBay - Lego CUSTOM: - Unique 4 axle custom Hopper

(...) I'm too much of a pessimist to expect that the bulk sales are going to come cheaply enough that a clone manufacturer could hope to compete directly against LEGO by buying their elements. I don't think LEGO isn't going to price the bulk (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)