 Marketplace / Theory / 482
  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

Reason #17 that I recieved from ended@ebay.com for cancelling an auction: 17. LINKS TO OTHER AUCTION SERVICES: eBay does not allow the listing of auctions which include links (static or live) to other online auction services. So calling it (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) Is this new? I thought we all checked into this a few months ago and agreed that (for instance) links to my auctions at JABA or to BRICKS or whatever were ok, as long as it wasn't the same item? Not that I anticipate listing anything on eBay (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) The new user agreement can be found here: (URL) old user agreement can be found here (for now): (URL) on eBay's mailing list to receive updates to the user agreements, I didn't receive notice about the latest changes, yet. Julie (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) Eeeek -- IANAL, but that sounds anti-competitive -- in the Sherman Antitrust Act sense of the phrase... --Todd (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) Antitrust (...) Probably not. If eBay was a brick-and-mortar establishment they'd be well within their rights to disallow advertising for competitors on premises (sp?). Will (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

Could someone link to an outside home page, and there have links to all the non-eBay auctions ? I don't see any way they could barf at that. Ray (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

Ray Sanders wrote in message <381B909A.51AD387E@gate.net>... (...) Thats what I do, and have never had a complaint from eBay - you can see the page I link to in the first URL below. -- Have fun! John My Trade/Sale (and links) Page (URL) weird Lego (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) From what I've gathered in my light scanning of the various sources of eBay conditions is that they have sets of woolly and sometimes contradictory sounding regulations. Whether this is because they are inept or whether it is because having (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) By this definition there are MANY auctions going on for computers and software that violate the TOS, as I've seen many auctions that ofer a link to a straight sale (at a higher cost) if you want it now. (...) Actually, it means that you cannot (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)