 Marketplace / Theory / 354
    Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) OK, more specifically then, check out the fibblesnork auction guide which is linked from my site, somewhere, as well as from lugnet. It does NOT list all sites but is a good resource to a number of the more established ones, as well as (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to —Kevin Wilson
   (...) Actually I'm glad. One of my nightmares is a sniping 'bot which will make it impossible for normal human beings ever to win an auction. Sniping programs already exist though I don't know exactly what they do or how. Of course, eBay would (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to —Mike Stanley
   (...) They keep track of the bidding and then bid at the last possible second. One I saw even allowed you to specify the number of seconds before the end that it would submit the bid. (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) eBay seems not to discourage THOSE because they only work at the eBay site. What eBay does NOT want are the crawlerbots that collate listings from eBay and other sites. They haven't internalised that if the crawlerbot shows they have most of (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)