 Marketplace / Theory / 2632
Re: Is this legal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:50:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Jeramy Spurgeon wrote:
I found this while browsing ebay today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1186&item=5903599649&rd=1

Is this legal? Does not seem so, but since Lego allows brickshelf to post
instructions, I'm not how the copyrights are handled.

Jeramy

I'm sure the "browser" software used could be the sellers copyright,
if he/she were the one to create it.  The instructions themselves remain
intellectual property of Lego.

You are right in saying that Brickshelf has permission from LEGO to
post instructions.

So, in my opinion, I don't think the auction is totally legal.

Ben Medinets