 Marketplace / Theory / 2048
Re: Here we go again.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 19:08:35 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, James Powell writes:

  Although it claims to be "perhaps the largest LEGO collection ever
  owned by a consumer," it is of course not even close to that title

Heck, my measly collection is larger (160K pieces, including most
of the 9V train stuff...).  I was disapointed where I read 57K pieces,
and claiming  to be the largest collection.  I know people who have
that much in boxed lego!

I have 29000 pieces just in one set (5542), or did, till I started using it
for raw material for Milton Train Works. (but maybe I am not a consumer any
more... more of a nutcase, I guess, when it comes to quantity). I think I
have his size beat just using my top 3 or 4 sets (that would be black
thunder, Sith infiltrator, blue bucket, 5561, listed in set quantity order,
followed closely by 30+ of each of the soccer buses). That sounds like a
brag... but it's more "evidence of depravity" than brag.

What I do not get is why people have to post listings claiming to be the
largest.... this guy who claimed to do painstaking eBay research missed the
LAST posting claiming that, which was bigger than his, wasn't it?

Why not just claim "it's big" and let it go at that.

Predictions on how it will do? Poorly. This is not the way to sell and get
the best price. He may not even get opening bid, who knows.

++Lar