 Marketplace / Theory / 1897
Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:45:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.general, Ronan Webb writes:
I'm fed up with this on ebay/brickbay.

What is it with you people ? Is your postal service that unsafe ?
Or are just (backward) children in a play-pen? Duh !
Grow up. You're not that fr*%^n central to the cosmos.
Each time I see 'Will ship to United States only'' ...

I find it irritating too, but I can certainly see why they do it:

US citizens are the largest body of online e-commerce users - they're the
biggest market.

US postal service will give them fixed-rate, guaranteed service and they never
have to even see a post office.  But it's only inside the US.

And don't forget, if we send the package Priority (inexpensive in the U.S.,
prohibitive elsewhere), the post office provides free boxes (of which some
sizes are conveniently self-sealing), labels, and even packaging tape!  We can
order these supplies online and they'll deliver them right to our door.

Maggie C. (who is willing to ship internationally BTW)