 Marketplace / Theory / 1818
Re: Bank (money) transfer - any experts ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:05:26 GMT

I was accepting personal checks (as payment for Lego)
for some time but my bank was making problems when the
amount was higher and they keep asking me - why don't
people wire money to you - it's free ??? I got some money
wired from US (swift) - total was about 150 $ and fee
was 25 $ !
... Since Paypal is not available in Croatia (where I am from)
I am constantly trying to find a better way - cheaper then bank
transfer but safer then "cash by mail" (over 25 letters arrived
promptly but 2 haven't :-((  ) .. and in the end, according to
what I read about Paypal - even it is not the best way !

.. So to get back - they keep telling me at my bank that when the
money is sent from US there is "swift" and "postal order" way .
Swift is fast and expensive one (used regularly), while the other
one (US bank is sending money order to my bank via regular post)
takes longer but is free ...  it might be that this ontehr one is actually
International money order, but I am not sure while in this case it
would be sent to me, and not bank  to bank   !

Regards,

Dejan

"Karen Lepper" <lepperk@infinet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.theory, Dejan Pavlovic writes:
I'd be also very grateful if someone could tell me how high the
fees are for wiring the money from state to state inside US ?

Well, the only time I participated in wiring money from state to state in
the US (this was several years ago) each of the banks (sending and
receiving) charged around $10 to process the transaction.

Karen