 Marketplace / Theory / 1817
    Re: Bank (money) transfer - any experts ?? —Karen Lepper
   (...) Well, the only time I participated in wiring money from state to state in the US (this was several years ago) each of the banks (sending and receiving) charged around $10 to process the transaction. Karen (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Bank (money) transfer - any experts ?? —Dejan Pavlovic
   I was accepting personal checks (as payment for Lego) for some time but my bank was making problems when the amount was higher and they keep asking me - why don't people wire money to you - it's free ??? I got some money wired from US (swift) - (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Bank (money) transfer - any experts ?? —Kevin Wilson
   Dej'an wrote in message ... (...) I sometimes get money orders from overseas (especially Japan) which are printed by Canada Post (I'm in Canada) and I suspect this is the kind of thing you're talking about - the person in Japan orders the MO at (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Bank (money) transfer - any experts ?? —Frank Filz
   (...) I once asked my credit union about "wiring" money, and they really didn't have a way to do it. I suspect part of what is going on is that the US banks can afford to be US-Centric, and may also be in a poor position to do some things because of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.theory)