 Marketplace / Theory / 1770
    Re: Streamlining the parts selling process —Frank Filz
   (...) This discussion is getting me thinking about how to clear out some of the parts overstock I'm experiencing. I have not typically been buying sets to break down for parts, but there are some types of parts which are probably desireable that I (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Streamlining the parts selling process —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) You know what I'm going to say...sell what you can, and then when you get a significant backlog of certain sorts of parts, it's eBay time... (...) ...I've almost never had to do this. Case in point: An insane number of grey and tan 1x2 plates (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Streamlining the parts selling process —Frank Filz
     (...) Well, part of the problem is that my whole storage system is starting to break. I will be spending some time this weekend overcoming my inclination to keep everything, and actually discard a lot of boxes (Larry and Todd, are you still looking (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: Streamlining the parts selling process —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) This may be true. I saw, in the last two weeks, three BSBs go for right around $100 each. (Granted, not MISB--that was still $250--but still...) best LFB (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Streamlining the parts selling process —John Robert-Blaze Kanehl
   (...) There are many sets that I bought only for certain parts...there are very few available sets that I buy for the model nowadays...In the past I was able to auction the rest of the parts, so as to make the parts I kept *free*... the market is (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Streamlining the parts selling process —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) Really? I wonder if any of the other big sellers would chime in and say whether or not profit has remained stable--I did really well last summer, and a part of me wants to engage in it again this summer (God knows I've got enough pieces). (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Streamlining the parts selling process —Mike Stanley
   (...) Profit has dropped slightly for me, but I don't mind because I'm spending much less time on the sales than I used to. Maybe I'm selling for less, maybe there are more people doing it and so I'm not selling as much at full asking price the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.theory)