 Marketplace / Theory / 1638
  Re: level of interest in 7151 / Sith ?

(...) You're in the right ball park, but it's a commodity market. I can't believe I haven't been involved in a discussion like this before. One of the aspects of LEGO that appeals to me is the commodity market angle - I get to buy and sell LEGO. (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: level of interest in 7151 / Sith ?

(...) The day that I wake up and hear Lego 'futures' being quoted on CNNfn or CNBC, I think I'm gonna turn off the tellie and go back to bed. ;) and all I was trying to do was make the buying and selling of clearanced Legos a more efficient (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: level of interest in 7151 / Sith ?

(...) Gee I hope no one shorts the PCC! (it's pretty short already compared to the prototype) Steve is right, it's analogy, but not a perfect one. As it happens, the auction has ended, the first copy went for 202.49. I had meantime been selling (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: level of interest in 7151 / Sith ?

(...) You'd probably have to explain to me the difference... Is it that stocks are paper shares of ownership in a company, whereas commodities are trading actual physical items? I was going to put commodities, but only because it sounded better :] (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: level of interest in 7151 / Sith ?

(...) That is the distinction I made. Commodities eventually get delivered and converted into something else. ++Lar (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  LEGO Commodity Market (was Re: level of interest in 7151?)

(...) Basically - Think of gold or wheat or oil or cattle or ... The wheat and cattle will eventually be turned into a hamburgers and sold. You're an oil consumer when you fill up your gas tank. TLC would be the Opec of our world. Let's say I've got (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.theory)