 Marketplace / Theory / 1415
Re: Husband bids on wife's auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 00:43:31 GMT

I e-mailed the husband, to let him know of our amusement over the situation.

He actually bought it from her, with cash; she had found it on sale and it was
a better price than he had found anywhere.

Apparently they really DO keep there auctions separate :-)

As long as the transaction was completed, I don't think that we can complain.
I have bought lego oon eBay from people I know, and they've delivered it to me
in person (or I've picked it up).

Paul Sinasohn
bearitone@my-deja.com

In lugnet.market.theory, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Dave Johann writes:
They may be facing larger problems than that. According to ebay, this is • against
the nature of the site. According to the FBI, it is illegal to do. Let's • watch
and learn...

Does ebay do any monitoring of this themselves, without prompting ?
Or do they wait for a complaint ?
Does the fact that they have their own id's make it legal ?

I was wondering where to post this, not everyone would read market theory.
It deserves a wider audience, methinks.

pete.w