 Marketplace / Theory / 1377
  Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO

I went to Ames in Concord, NH and Manchester, NH. At the first one, I picked up on of each SW set I didn't have (about $200.00 retail) and went to pay. When the first set rang up at full price, I pointed out to the clerk that these should be 75% (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO

(...) Glad to hear you didn't have any problems. I went to one last Ames (7th one for me) today, and they refused to give me the discount. Since they had a lot of stuff, I did what I read a couple of other people here did and fired off an e-mail to (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO

(...) if you flipped over that paper you would see the 20% Lego sale which starts Sunday...an Ames employee left a clip board on the shelf next to a bunch of Slave 1s I purchased; half a dozen of these slips were attached...one side said Lego toys (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO

(...) I hit another Ames as a favor to a fellow AFOL...Due to long check out lines, numerous screaming babies and a couple Irate seniors at Customer Service, the manager waved to the Cashier in front of me to mark them down and get the ine (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO

(...) Sigh...yes, that's an impressive stack. I hope you're planning to build, suh! ;) I've had to put most of my back sets in storage because of this haul. Methinks the fire sale will begin sooner than I'd planned... (...) Yep, they're always (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)