 Marketplace / Theory / 1313
1312  |  1314
Subject:
Selling some MISB 80s train and town sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:41:17 GMT

Dear friends,

I have some sealed 1980s train and town sets for sale. What's the best way of
going about this without going through eBay? Should I conduct an auction, "you
have until [date] to bid, daily updates will be made" or "the highest bid above
xxx received before [date] will win the set-no updates", both of which I have
seen conducted here often, or something else entirely? I don't want to drag
this on for weeks, though - I suppose it would be long enough until, say,
Sunday, for everyone to have a chance to bid, wouldn't it?
Or should I just list the sets with some satisfactory selling prices and award
them to the first person(s) to meet those amounts?

Thanks for your opinions.

Best regards,
Torsten
legodude@gmx.net

PS: Please do not mail me for any set numbers, you will know soon enough.
Except of course if you're offering me a blank cheque... :)