 Marketplace / Theory / 1315
Re: Selling some MISB 80s train and town sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:59:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Torsten Fresemann writes:
Dear friends,

I have some sealed 1980s train and town sets for sale. What's the best way of
going about this without going through eBay?

It depends.  How do you want to get rid of them?  Do you want the most $$$ for
them?  Do you want the most happyness plus fair compensation?  Do you just want
to cover your costs or make a profit?

If you are going for most $, Ebay is probably the 'best' way.
To get the most 'happyness', I would say offer them up for auction, with a
limit of one set to each bidder (esp. if they are 'rare' sets), that way the
most people get something.

I perfer straight sale, first come, first served.  However, I can understand
why auctions work quite well for things such as this, in that they allow you to
make a bit more money, and to let people buy sets at what price _they_ value
them at.

So, it is mostly a personal pref. thing, I guess.

James