 Marketplace / Theory / 1067
  Re: Ingenous eBay advertising posts

(...) Man I thought I was the only one that thought some of those posts were ridiculous. I don't even bid often on E-Bay but I check it enough to know that what the bid value is at 3 days before in no way reflects what the final bid is going to be. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Disingenuous eBay advertising posts

(...) That's true to a point. I think you can make general predictions that are pretty safe; if an auction has no bids for four days, it's not likely to shoot into the stratosphere. Also, if it has no bids or few bids in that four days, the right (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Disingenuous eBay advertising posts

(...) I really hate that all the LEGO auctions which are all in the category LEGO have to waste title space with LEGO (and some make sure they catch stupid searchers and add Legos also). I mean really, if you want to look at all the LEGO items, look (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Disingenuous eBay advertising posts

(...) (yes, (...) never know (...) in a (...) leave out (...) Well I'm afraid I do search for "LEGO" quite often. Also does a "lego" search pick up "legos"? (...) Well, if only auctions posted in that group we could bet rid of this. What does bother (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Disingenuous eBay advertising posts

(...) I don't think it does. I always search for "LEGO*". -Adam (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Disingenuous eBay advertising posts

Scott A - wrote the following about e-bay searching for Lego (...) Type in Lego*. The asterix allows other words or letters to be added to the end of the Lego name such as "Legos". Good Hunting - Daniel (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Disingenuous eBay advertising posts

(...) Using a standard newsreader client for RTL enables filters and killfiles to be used at ones discretion. When traffic on RTL was high (Pre-lugnet) I had many, many filters turned on to take out all stuff like FA, FS, FT, Auction, Sale, and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)