 Marketplace / Theory / 1035
Re: Is it OK to use new parts for old sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:41:57 GMT

You are hurting my brain.

Kevin Loch wrote:
This brings up an interesting question.
I got an 8860 real cheap from ebay, with many common parts missing.
I rebuilt it with the parts provided plus brand new parts from my collection.
Most of the parts provided were in poor shape.  Would it be better
to build the 8860 from all new parts except for the rare ones?

It depends.

Better in what sense? I would use new parts if it was for me so I could
play with it. I would use correct era parts, even dinged up ones, if it
was for sale and I wanted to be as authentic as possible.

It would
certainly run and display better.  Has anyone done this?

Wasn't this on the Purity test? :-)

Do you feel guilty?

As long as it was all done by consenting adults, no.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!