 Marketplace / Shopping / 9723
Re: Curator Wanted for Shopping Specials was:[S@H Brochure--discounts]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:10:47 GMT

Come on, Tom.  You never go on vacation or go to training seminars...
;)

Rob

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message
Sure, I'll volunteer.

I'll need a backup, though (actually, ANYONE would need a backup, unless • they never
go on vacation or off on training on the job).

Now, where's that FTX help page again?  I "do" HTML, but not FTX...yet ;-)

LUGNET Admin wrote:

Soooo,

Do we have a volunteer for such a task?

   :-D

-Suz

In lugnet.market.shopping, Yanick Fournier writes:
Hi Suzanne,

I think it is a really good idea!  But instead of posting as a weekly
announcement, it should be made as a permanent page (with frequent • update).
That way, we can see in a glance what specials are available.

For the layout, this page should tell:
-item number
-original price
-discout price
-date of validity
-discount code

Of course, a curator will have to be in charge.  If we all send to the
curator our special catalog discount code, it should not be a big task. • And
it will be very usefull to everybody.

We can also post special offer, like this month clubshop free t-shirt • or
special shipping rates.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Yanick Fournier

In lugnet.market.shopping, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
I just tried something new..

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/lsahs/current

In looking at it now, I suppose I could've put the info into a table • format..
and it'd be nice to see the regular price and resulting percent off, • but I
entered it manually. This sort of task would be good for a curator. • Items
would need to deleted occasionally in order to keep the list current.

Let me know if you find the page helpful and/or think it's worthwhile. • We
could use it for the weekly announcement.

-Suz

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/