 Marketplace / Shopping / 9421
Re: 20% off SW LEGO at Kmart (U.S.) this week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:30:09 GMT

"Peter F. Guenther" <pguenthe@zdnetonebox.com> wrote in message
The biggest set I've been able to find--after stopping at 4 Kmarts in the
Detroit area--is Slave I.  What's really interesting to me is that • different
stores have different pricing... I found the Bounty Hunter Pursuit for $33
at two places and $30 at two (regular marked price), Jedi Fighter for $20
and $22, etc.  Some stores were 10% more expensive, it seemed across the
board.

This is common around here as well.  I suggest you check out the
neighborhood that the KMarts are in.  The ones in the "bad" neighborhoods
generally have the raised prices, to cover the additional theft loses these
stores have.

Of course, TRU has been known to do this around here just to see if people
will pay the higher prices...

Also, my brother managed to snag a Republic Gunship for $68 at one of out
KMarts.  For some reason it didn't ring up with the discount and he had to
explain to them that the ad says ALL Star Wars Lego.  Unfortunately they
only had one.

Troy