 Marketplace / Shopping / 9368
Re: My 2002 FOTY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:49:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Josh Opotzner writes:
Holy crap, that is CRAZY.  Barely a FOTY, let me know if anybody else can
top this for FOTC.  Most of a yellow castle for $2 aint shabby, and $6 for a
Monorail is tear-inducing, but all that stuff (mint condition?!  This is
rediculous!) for $500 is enough to put a person into a stupor for a week.

Dude, that is, yeesh, I mean, I dunno...

Aw screw it, I'm gonna go have a heart attack...

(before I pass out, can I have the Message Intercept Base?  Ok ok, <passing out>

--Josh
I have 2 purchases that are my best buys so far.

The first was a 4 pound lego collection from Austria (Ebay, $36.70) (description
read: 2 kg lego, bricks, plates, blue rails, a motor and a flute), that
contained the entire 118 electronic train (both electronic units, the motor and
the whistle, incl. instruction and box, in near mint shape. To top it off, it
contained the majority of parts for 2 more old train sets, my all time favorite
120 (my first Lego train set), and a complete 122.

Second purchase was a yard sale in Germany (on vacation, my wife nearly killed
me when I returned back to the hotel) 2 years ago where I bought a huge box
containing 160+ monorial track (10 switches, 30 straights, 10 small curves, 30
small straights, rest long curves), for DM 50 (=US $25). I sold half of it in my
bricklink shop for "a slight profit". I kept the rest for my own town layout.