 Marketplace / Shopping / 9328
Re: Cut UPC bar-codes on lego products ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:56:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders writes:
While shopping today, I came across two A-Wings
(out of three) with the UPC bar
codes neatly sliced from the boxes (leaving a
nice rectangular hole). Anyone out
there know why someone might have done this ?

Several years ago I remember a promotion involving sending in a
UPC code for something $9.99 or over, and getting some small item
like a keychain.  Details escape me now, but I think it was a deal
announced in the LEGO mania magazine.

I suppose someone could have done one of those things, cut out the
UPC's, and then returned the sets, causing them to end up back on
the shelf, or just covertly snipped the UPC's in the store.