 Marketplace / Shopping / 9319
  Cut UPC bar-codes on lego products ?

While shopping today, I came across two A-Wings (out of three) with the UPC bar codes neatly sliced from the boxes (leaving a nice rectangular hole). Anyone out there know why someone might have done this ? <speculation> I could only think of two (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Cut UPC bar-codes on lego products ?

(...) I think there may be another reason (although, I'm not sure it would work)... Could they maybe paste the UPC code onto a more expensive set and have it ringup for the cheaper cost? I've heard of that being done with baby formula! I don't know (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Cut UPC bar-codes on lego products ?

(...) I have seen this phenomenon too, esspecially right before the begining of the christmas sales. so far I have only seen it on lego items and it usually is on the slightly more expensive sets, like over $30. Ive had a couple of speculations on (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Cut UPC bar-codes on lego products ?

(...) Several years ago I remember a promotion involving sending in a UPC code for something $9.99 or over, and getting some small item like a keychain. Details escape me now, but I think it was a deal announced in the LEGO mania magazine. I suppose (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)