 Marketplace / Shopping / 9231
Re: Kohls Sale (15% off)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:51:29 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Brad Mittelstedt writes:

<snip>

Nevertheless, from the prices I have seen they are pretty competative.
Yes now and then things are marked at a higher price, but if you work the
sales, you can come out on top. I have actually considered getting a
Hohls card in the hopes that weeks that card members get a discount for
using the card, that LEGO blocks are also on sale.

Also, if you get a card, several times a year they will have a
promotion where for every $50 you charge on their card, they give
you a $10 gift certificate.  These certificates usually expire after
about 4-6 weeks (so watch those dates!), but I find that within that
window there will usually be at least one week with at 10% or better
sale on Lego (never more than 20%, however).

Amazingly, at Christmas when I bought gift certificates for some hard-to-shop
for family members, they even counted those towards the $50.  If they
do that you could just purchase a $50 gift certificate for yourself,
get the $10 bonus, and come back later with $60 in certificates to spend!
I can't believe that they will keep doing this, but perhaps they end
up ahead enough on the people who lose their certificates or fail to
get back before they expire.

All of this being said, I find Kohl's O.K. for something newly-released
(and therefore full price elsewhere), but they're not competitive with
those Walmart and Target clearance sales.