 Marketplace / Shopping / 9167
Re: K-Mart Closings - Is one in your area?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 20:52:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders writes:
<snip>
This time, they are closing 4-5 times as many stores. If they use the same
procedure as before, then certain of those stores may be designated as outlets
to move the stuff. It would behoove us to keep an eye on the stores on that
list to pick out the ones that might get this priviledge.

On the subject of K-Mart, this just caught my attention ...

"If Bankruptcy Court Judge Susan Pierson Sonderby approves Kmart's store-closing
plans on March 20 in Chicago, liquidation sales of more than $1 billion in
inventory will begin this spring and could be wrapped up by summer."[1]

Ray

[1] http://www.freep.com/money/business/kmart9_20020309.htm