 Marketplace / Shopping / 8704
Re: Weird Find at Detroit-Area TRUs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 02:45:12 GMT

"Justin Pankey" <legofan@massnet1.net> wrote in message
news:GpnEEA.DLw@lugnet.com...
There's even more than you think....myself for instance!

[ ... snipped ... ]

To Mike Walsh:  Alot of the Meijer stores here in the Detroit area • received
quantities of 6568 last year.  They've been priced the whole time at • $12.88.
It could be part of an inventory dumping like Lego did with the Aquanaut
sets awhile back.  My experience with Walmart's clearance prices is that
after 90 days or so,  they simply don't scan at all.  I'd be surprised if
it's still in the system after 2 years.

Anybody else seen these sets coming back?

My guess is that it was a Christmas return.

Wow, 6568 for $13 is a deal, it is a great set for parts.  We don't have
Meijer stores around here or I would have bought a bunch at that price.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot