 Marketplace / Shopping / 8697
Re: Weird Find at Detroit-Area TRUs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:33:50 GMT

I can't believe that many of us no about that little plaza....

Eric

In lugnet.market.shopping, Greg Kramer writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  The other TRU that really weirded me out was the TRU That Time
  Forgot, which is located in a plaza with my favorite Target in
  the whole world (8 Mile and Van Dyke, Detroit).

snipped <

  (That's the same TRU where I found Unitron Star Hawk IIs last year.
  Oh so very, very strange.)

  best

  LFB

Ahhh, the old 8-and-Van-Dyke shopping center.  Lots of great Lego finds
there.  The TRU has always had that "time warp" quality about it.  When I
came out of my dark ages in '97, they still had sets there from '94.  I got
my Star Hawk II at that very same store!  And some Wolfpack, Dragon Masters,
etc.  Not much of it was on sale, but just finding it at all was great.

And the Target there -- one year at least -- had a whole aisle full of Lego
left when their clearance sale reached 70% off levels.  Amazing.  I haven't
seen anything like it since I moved to Virginia.

-Greg