 Marketplace / Shopping / 8701
Re: Weird Find at Detroit-Area TRUs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 20:00:00 GMT

"Justin Pankey" <legofan@massnet1.net> wrote in message
news:GpMx4z.9Fy@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Eric Brouwer writes:
I can't believe that many of us no about that little plaza....

I can. :-) It rocks.

There's even more than you think....myself for instance!

Larry, Don't you live VERY far away from there...more than the 1 hour I • do??
Is there any place safe from your reach?  :)

Speaking of weird finds, I had one myself this morning.

I stopped at my local Wal-Mart to see if anything was on the clearance
shelves.  This Wal-Mart (Cary, NC) moves a lot of LEGO so there isn't left
after Christmas but you never know, something might pop up.

Anyway, as I scanned the LEGO shelf something caught my eye.  Sitting on the
shelf was a brand new copy of 6568 Drag Race Rally
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6568).  Now where did this come from?  This set
hasn't been on the shelves in my area in almost two years and in that time I
bet I have been to that particular Wal-Mart 50 times.

The best part - the clearance price was still in the computer from two years
ago - $12.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders