 Marketplace / Shopping / 8190
8189  |  8191
Subject:
packaging (was Re: Australian Lego Sellers by far ONE of the best!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:58:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
more than those who mention NEW pieces!).  Or parcels that arrive so
squashed you wonder if they took it to the zoo to let the Elephants examine
it first.  Not to mention the packaging/packing that was used is bound to
cause these problems in the first place.  (Ex, Lego boxes with just Brown
paper wrapped around them).

  Yes!  Major pet peeve!  Twice I have bought MISB sets from overseas and
had them crushed open (that is, crushed so hard that they tore open) before
they even reached me!  One seller put the boxes into a shirt box, like you
get from a department store at Christmas to wrap Dad's turtleneck.  Let see
-- a paperboard box that gets creased when you grab it too firmly .... Yeah,
that will stand up to the rigors of cross-oceanic shipping!!  :^D

  OK, rant over!

--Raymond Flournoy
flournoy@post.harvard.edu  Now the world speaks your language!  Chat in
Computer Science Dept.      Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese,
Stanford University, CA       English, & Italian at http://www.amikai.com!