 Marketplace / Shopping / 7589
Re: More Brickbay Issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 20:33:22 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Will Hess writes:
Mmmmm...there also appears to be a problem with order confirmation emails.
I think Larry was right with the idea that Interland is trying to force
Dan's hand.

Ironically:

http://support.interland.com/ which is where you are supposed to go for
support issues with hosted sites...

appears to currently be unresolvable, from my machine at least... However
they *do* have a toll free number, 800 589 5060.

I'm not saying you SHOULD call it, mind you, but if you wanted to let them
know how happy you are with them, you certainly *could*.

OK, it came back up, shakily. Here is a link to their feedback form
http://support.interland.com/PublicResourceCenter/Feedback/defaultFeedback.asp

which may or may not be the right place to post anything. (5 min later... it
is not, you have to have a domain name and password) THIS location
https://support.interland.com/PublicResourceCenter/Feedback/feedback.asp is
for feedback about the support site itself. So I left some.

I just got off the telephone with InterLand Customer Support.  After
a few layers of electronic menus I was able to speak with a representative
that appeared to want to resolve the two issues I raised. [1]  However, the
assistance that I could receive was limited since I do not know the
Secret Word known only to the site administrator (namely, Dan Jezek).
I was given the opportunity to explain the problems and then the
representative recorded the comments on what I assume will turn out
to be a customer support ticket.

I explained that I am simply a user on the site and not the administrator, but
without the Secret Word password, this complaint may not receive any more
attention.  The InterLand representative stated at least twice that without the
secret word, I could not be allowed to speak to actual technical support
personnel or 'Move Up' as he called it.

Dunno if this will do any good, but it couldn't hurt.

__Kevin Salm__
....Lego enthusiast for over 20 years....

[1] Intermittent database troubles such as reverting back and losing current
changes; and the problem of not receiving any auto-generated mail for invoicing
and 'wanted' notices.

.