 Marketplace / Shopping / 7535
Re: Odd Stuff With Purchase at ZB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 02:24:16 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Hi all,

  I just bought a bunch of discounted Naboo Swamps at my local ZB,
  and got a couple of interesting bonuses:  One was a Life on Mars
  poster, kid-sized; the other was the truly weird one, a Lego Creator
  videotape.  Has anyone else gotten these things?  The Creator tape
  bears the set number "4177" on the label, and in the corners the
  acronym NTSC in the lower left and "English 4157923" in the lower
  right.  Why they gave it to me I'm not sure; I have the odd feeling
  it was a store-use item they just felt like getting rid of.

  I haven't watched it, but I may if I feel creepy enough.

The 4177 video sounds like the same one which comes with 4177. The copy in my
4177 was kind of lousy quality (of course it also went through airline checked
baggage so who knows). The story itself was kind of interesting, though clearly
targetted at younger kids. It does show the characters making a bunch of
different things with the bricks, trying to solve the problem, so it fits the
Creator theme of providing encouragement to make different things with the
bricks (which I think Creator does a better job of than Freestyle did,
providing booklets which really are idea books, with some instructions, and not
just a poster with a bunch of wacky things on it - the Creator idea books
present some decent ideas - though they tend to be simple compared to the real
idea books).

Frank