 Marketplace / Shopping / 7523
Re: Tuesday Morning Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 19:11:20 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Cary Clark writes:
I went into Tuesday Morning today and saw a shopping cart already full
of Lego sets. I remarked that it was quite a haul, but it turned out to
be the self-described "Lego Lady" stocking the shelves instead of buying
them. There was Droid Developers, Extreme Creatures and the Mindstorms
sports accessory sets, some ZNAP, a couple of Arachnoid Bases, some
yellow Technic pneumatic subs. The rest were small sets and polybags.
The small sets included some chrome knights at $3, adventurers, city
center, knight's kingdom, soccer, indian chiefs, rock raiders. The
prices were 50% off KB Toy-like prices, so usually 40% off regular
retail. There were few irresistable bargains.

However, I ended up helping the Lego Lady stocking the shelves, and in
return she gave me some display material and offered to set aside the
sets I wanted in the back, off the shelves. And offered to buy them for
me at her employee discount. On her credit card. It shows that being
nice sometimes is more than its own reward.

Good for you! I hope you got a few yellow pneumo subs, those are great parts
sets!!!

++Lar