 Marketplace / Shopping / 7004
  Re: Question about open sets at Toys R Us

(...) I found an opened <set:3038 Spider Slayer> at TRU which scanned as $20 (Canadian dollars), which I figure is over 70% off. Since the motor was still there, I figured nobody had stolen anything from it. I was right. If you're asking for a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Question about open sets at Toys R Us

(...) Let's see, this one was in western Windsor, ON? I found one 3038 there, opened, for Can$20--opted against it in the end when the Canadian system couldn't handle my MasterCard (!?!?--only country I've ever had it fail to work with). I wouldn't (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Question about open sets at Toys R Us

I had the same experience at Wal-Mart. There was a Millenium Falcon that was totally ripped into. The front of the box had a tear half way up it in the middle and many of the polybags were obviously open. I talked to a manager about it and "10% is (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Question about open sets at Toys R Us

(...) No doubt. I've seen those things all over Windsor. I just ignore them :] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Question about open sets at Toys R Us

(...) I got an open <set:6982 Exploriens Starship> from Zellers for Cdn$25 I think it was (so about US$17). They had it "clearance" stickered at Cdn$90, which was a joke. Flip up the front lid and all you could see in the box were 3 poly-bags worth (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Question about open sets at Toys R Us

(...) Just had to follow up my own message here..., this is my own personal FOTL(ifetime) so far: I put the set together and was only missing 4 pieces! One sticker had already been applied, too. For US$17 I can't complain! I will say though that (...) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)