 Marketplace / Shopping / 6748
Re: A day late and a dollar short!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 02:47:03 GMT

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:34:41 GMT, "Krusty"
<surfside_guy@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]
So to make a long story short, after kindly explaining to the lady I was
talking to that her answer was completely unsatisfactory, I asked to speak
with her manager, and was placed on hold for a couple of minutes only to
have a manager pick up and ask me what zip code I was. She then asked me
what the phone number was I could be reached at and that she was going to
confirm that the store in my area indeed has them and that I can go pick it
up at my local walmart for the price I originally bought it for ($10).

So, while I don't think this tactic will work very well for the Silver
Champion, since I don't recall EVER seeing the Silver Champion in stock at a
store, it *MIGHT* work for that train set that I've seen in stock at my
local Store...
[...]

This is clearly worth a try!

I placed an order for some 6-drawer storage units online from Office
Max.  Received other parts of my order, then a phone call saying
"sorry, we're not filling backorders on these".  Went to the local
store, where they were marked $29.95, and spoke to the manager; I
brought the copy of the backorder notice as well.  He gave me the ones
I wanted for the $19.95 price.

How many stores will do that is unclear, but it is in their best
interest not to torment the customer...  :-)

Good luck,
-gus