 Marketplace / Shopping / 6749
Re: Very Hard-to-Find sets found at KB Toy Works
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 04:03:49 GMT

Those sets were originally packaged with the original version of "Lego
Creator", "Lego Loco", and "Lego Chess" respectively...as far as I know they
were never released in the US for individual sale by themselves...I had
found the Loco Promo at a Kmart sitting beat-up on the shelf after someone
had evidently pillaged the rest of the box and managed to convince the
cashier to let me buy it...(she charged me .50) Too bad the Lego Racers game
that I have didn't come with it's own promo...wonder why they stopped doing
those (?)
Doug

In lugnet.market.shopping, Todd Hossbach writes:
I stopped by a KB Toy Works store in Indianapolis today and was very surprised
to find three very hard to find sets (2584-Biker Bob, 2585-Lego Loco promo set,
and 2586-unlabeled castle set). All of these sets were packaged with the Lego
Racers Software in the "Race Pack". (BTW, does anyone want to buy some Racers
CDs???)

-Todd