 Marketplace / Shopping / 6734
Re: A day late and a dollar short!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:34:41 GMT

Well, I just got off the phone with Walmart.com and I raised a HUGE stink. I
ordered two of the destroyer droids and noticed yesterday or the day before
that it was listed as 'backordered' as well. Well, when I went to Wal-mart
the STORE yesterday, I noticed they had at least three or four of them in
stock. My wife called me at work today and said a lady from walmart just
called and said they had to cancel my order...sure enough not five minutes
later I get an e-mail with the following:

"As per your request, we are cancelling your order"

AS PER MY REQUEST?!? I don't think so...so I called and kindly told them
that under NO circumstances did *I* cancel my order, and I know for a fact
that they're available because I was in my local walmart last night and they
were there...

So to make a long story short, after kindly explaining to the lady I was
talking to that her answer was completely unsatisfactory, I asked to speak
with her manager, and was placed on hold for a couple of minutes only to
have a manager pick up and ask me what zip code I was. She then asked me
what the phone number was I could be reached at and that she was going to
confirm that the store in my area indeed has them and that I can go pick it
up at my local walmart for the price I originally bought it for ($10).

So, while I don't think this tactic will work very well for the Silver
Champion, since I don't recall EVER seeing the Silver Champion in stock at a
store, it *MIGHT* work for that train set that I've seen in stock at my
local Store...

Just some words of advice! Don't give up legomaniacs!

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Hadd writes:
I just received the dreaded Order Cancellation phone call from WalMart.com. It
looks as though I will not get any of the Silver Champions that I was assured
were ordered for me, nor will I get any more 4561 Trains even though I have an
order number. They did offer me the Championship Challenge for the low, low
price of $45 for my trouble though (I declined) ;) She said she had a long list
of calls to make so I would assume that some of you will get the call too. In
the meantime, I'll just be waiting for the next Lego feeding frenzy!! John

In lugnet.market.shopping, John York writes:
If it makes you feel any better, I actually placed an order for one of these.
The only problem is that it shows up as BACKORDERED on my account page. From
what I've heard hear, they aren't filling any backordered purchases.
John

In lugnet.market.shopping, Patrick Talken writes:
I looked on www.walmart.com again today and then again tonite and saw that
the UCS X-Wing had appeared between 1:30pm and 7:00 pm for $50.00. Of course
it was sold out just like the Tie/Y-Wing at bluelight.com last night I
missed by several hours. Once again I was a day late for the big clearance.
I have been trying the refresh button and it's not helping. Well I guess I
missed it again.
They also had the big Construction set for $39.50, not sure if there are any
left since I don't like that set at all. Well good luck to the rest of you
bargin hunters.
I guess there is always the local Shopko.
Patrick