 Marketplace / Shopping / 6722
Re: WOW! Wal-mart order arrived today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:58:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kevan Houser writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Julie Krenz writes:
Talk about speedy delivery!

I placed my order Sat at around noon and the packages arrived today.
The return label says these are coming from Sparks, NV and I'm in Illinois.

I'm glad some folks are getting good service from WalMart.  I wish I were
among them.

I ordered a Hwy Construction set on December 14.  I first called a few days
after Christmas, and the rep told me that it was way too early to worry, and
the tracking stated it had been delivered to my post office (whatever that
meant).  She told me to relax and wait a few more days.

On January 3rd, I spoke with Rhonda and she told me they would put a trace
on the package.  She got my phone number and my e-mail address last week and
said they'd contact me.

On January 16, I hadn't heard a peep, so I called again.  I spoke with
Glenda and then with Sue.  The final result?  Who knows?  Everyone is very
vague.  I get the feeling they have no way on Earth to trace the package,
but won't come right out and say it.  Glenda was going to check to see if
the item were available in some physical WalMart store somewhere and ship me
one. That would be really great, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Of course,
she said they'd contact me...

Still no package, nor any word from anyone at WalMart.  Of course, I paid
for it on my credit card statement last month, so they've got my money for
several weeks already.

I doubt I'll even bother ever calling them again about that order.  At this
point I'd just prefer to write off the money and forget the whole thing and
be done with WalMart.

A funny thing happened on my second call.  While on hold I get the voice
telling me to enter in my order number (about 15-20 digits), and so I do.
Then when I finally have a live operator, what does she ask me?  To tell her
my order number.  After calmly doing so, I asked her about the instruction
to enter it on the phone, and what purpose that served.  No real answer.
She politely deflected the question, and I didn't want to push it.  I think
it's just busywork.  They figure if they've got you entering in your order
number, it kills time and you don't realize how long you're holding to talk
to a person.

Happy shopping,

Kevan

I would check again - sometimes you have to "tell them" what you want.  I just
noticed the Highway Construction on-sale for $40 on Walmart.com (so they have
inventory)  And by the way, the X-Wing is on sale for $50 (but out-of-stock at
the moment).

As for the entering your order number... I had the same experience, but I was
guessing that your entry was just logging that you have returned a call about
that order number (as one rep saw in my record that I called before about the
same order).

Dave