 Marketplace / Shopping / 6483
Re: Clearance Sales - bad this year?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 00:36:59 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote:
So...were LEGO sets popular buys for kids this year?  Is this a good sign
for TLC?  Or is it just the area I'm checking in (NE MA, S NH)? Any
thoughts?

I have seen more stuff here in North Carolina than I saw in NH (I don't
think I visited any stores in MA or VT). Given that our area tends to
not have much clearance, I would guess that in NE the stores either did
a better job of estimating sales, or had a very good Christmas shopping
season. The Targets and Walmarts I checked were almost barren. I also
checked an Ames. I don't think I hit any K-Marts.

Frank