 Marketplace / Shopping / 6467
  Clearance Sales - bad this year?

Is it the hazy mists of memory, or were the post-Xmas clearances a lot better last year? The only place I've found with decent clearance stuff is Target (so I'm glad they're building them up here now!) Everything else has been sadly lacking. Walmart (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Clearance Sales - bad this year?

(...) K-Mart went thru a big corporate clean-up. They seem less likely to do slash n' burn price reductions. Although individual stores seem to be the exception and do have a *few* great deals. K-Marts shelves are cleaner (on average) than I have (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Clearance Sales - bad this year?

(...) Very poor pickings in southern California. Walmart and K-Mart are extremely picked over with little to go on sale, so I doubt there will be much. Target had 30% off for maybe a week and nothing much is left. Pathetic. Perhaps they were more (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Clearance Sales - bad this year?

(...) It may not be that Lego sold any better this year, or that it sold well at all. Perhaps the buyers at the big retailers just ordered less merchandise so that htey wouldn't get stuck clearing it out at 75% off. Troy (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Clearance Sales - bad this year?

(...) I have seen more stuff here in North Carolina than I saw in NH (I don't think I visited any stores in MA or VT). Given that our area tends to not have much clearance, I would guess that in NE the stores either did a better job of estimating (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Clearance Sales - bad this year?

(...) The Ames near me has the absolute lamest clearance I have ever seen: the UFO Interstellar Starfighter, originally $79.99, at the low, low clearance price of... $79.00 I was...underwhelmed, to say the least. J (23 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Clearance Sales - bad this year?

I noticed this at Ames going back to October, when I saw several big sets (different themes) marked "Clearance" to reflect markdowns from $59.99 to ... $59.00! Ames humor, I think. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)