 Marketplace / Shopping / 6435
Re: US S@H Specials, Jan 10 - Jan 16, 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:29:09 GMT

Brendan Coughlin wrote:

In lugnet.announce.lsahs, Tom Stangl writes:
http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/

Hello!

I'm just curious.  Does Lego ever have the huge sales like Etoys and other
online places have?  Etoys regularly has things that are 30% to 50% off.

So does LEGO, obviously.  Check the post you replied to...

If
Lego does have clearance sales like this, would they have sales on the
Statue of Liberty Lego or the new mini fig guy and the dragon?  I would love
to get these sets but I'm afraid $400+ of Lego is not in my budget right now.

Those sets are unlikely to go on S@H special anytime soon.  The specials are
usually on stuff that they're trying to get rid of - generally older
discontinued stuff that didn't sell very well.  Since all of the items you
mention are new, I'd say you have a couple of years wait before you even have a
*chance* at seeing them on the Specials list.  The big-ticket items don't show
up very often, either.