 Marketplace / Shopping / 6268
Re: Target clearance...any other good sales?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 00:14:27 GMT

"Jeff Johnston" <sakura@mediaone.net> wrote in message
Stopped in at a Target (Salem, NH) over lunch and saw that they had
several LEGO sets on clearance.  The clearance prices were somewhere
around 30% off.  Among the sets I saw were:

SWEp1    MTT              ~$35
SWC      Slave-1          ~$12
RR       Minifig Pack     ~$4
SWC      Mill. Falcon (!) ~$70

I also saw the Pit Droid and Destroyer Droid on clearance, but the prices
escape my memory at the moment.  I'd have to guess at $35 for the
destroyer droid though.

I also saw some of the UCS sets there, but I forgot to check the prices as
I knew they were out of my range.

I cleaned out their whopping one MTT, but that was it.  Anyone else find • any
good post-Xmas sales?

I found the following on clearance at Target(s) here in NC:

2250 Holiday Advent Calendar - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2250
3050 Shanhai Surprise - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3050
3051 Blaze Attack - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3051
6160 Sea Scorpion - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6160
7131 Anakin's Pod Racer - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7131
7144 Salve 1 - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7144
7184 Trade Federation MTT - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7184
7190 Millenium Falcon - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7190
7191 UCS X-Wing - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7191
7181 UCE Tie Fighter - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7181

There were also some Rock Raiders which since I don't like them, I didn't
look closely but I think all of the ones Target stocks were on clearance.
All sets were 30% off.  Of the above list I bought a 7144 (x2), 3050 (x2),
3051 (x5), 6160 (x1) and three Star Wars Action Packs (not on clearance but
rang up at $39.99 instead of $49.99).  I doubt much of it makes it past the
round one clearance, it seems like not much does around here.  Notably, 4561
(the train set) was not on clearance although my Target only had one left.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com