 Marketplace / Shopping / 6165
Re: Walmart Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 04:12:07 GMT

After about 30 seconds of agonizing...

I made four separate orders, in order to use several $10-off-$50 coupon
codes.
ordering 2 Silver Champions, an X-Wing fighter and a Tie Fighter (an act
of
charity :-> my wife hadn't decided what to get me for Christmas this
year. And
one of the Silver champions is for her father). But...

This evening I got two identical emails claiming my credit card had
bounced
on the first order, another two identical emails claiming it had bounced
on
the second order, two identical emails saying the third order was fine,
and a
lone email okaying the fourth order.

Same credit card, same delivery address etc on all four orders. And I
checked my
credit balance and yes, it's fine.

I phoned up the Walmart 24/7 help line and they 'reauthorized' the first
two
orders. I await tomorrow's email with interest. And I will be checking
my
next credit card bill _very_ carefully.