 Marketplace / Shopping / 614
Re: FOTW - 5988 for $49.99 @ Toysrus in San Mateo, CA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 02:36:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Chris Ernest Hall writes:
I stopped by a Toys R Us (the one just off 92 in San Mateo, for those in the • SF
Bay Area) after work. I was amazed to find they had a bunch of 5988s • (Pharaoh's
Forbidden Ruins) on sale for $49.99. Considering that this set's MSRP is • 79.99,
I thought it was a sensational deal, especially for Toys R Us, which still
resolutely sells much less desirable sets of the same vintage for full price.

Bought two of them for parts, since this set is a great source of beige pieces
which I have an fondness for. There were plenty more left. Don't know if this
is
a national sale, or unique to this particular Toys R Us.

I got one at Target once for $25. I was kinda happy!

-Tom McD.
when replying, Archer-Daniels-Spamcake, supermarket to the world!