 Marketplace / Shopping / 608
Re: FOTW - 5988 for $49.99 @ Toysrus in San Mateo, CA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:25:57 GMT

I got one of those in Seattle for that price.

I was pretty thrilled and pretty surprised.

Almost missed it, too. There was no sale tag, the price tag on shelf
wasn't in red or anything. It was just priced at 49.99. Same as the
Sphynx Secret Surprise right next to it. :)

Chris Ernest Hall wrote:

I stopped by a Toys R Us (the one just off 92 in San Mateo, for those in the SF
Bay Area) after work. I was amazed to find they had a bunch of 5988s (Pharaoh's
Forbidden Ruins) on sale for $49.99. Considering that this set's MSRP is 79.99,
I thought it was a sensational deal, especially for Toys R Us, which still
resolutely sells much less desirable sets of the same vintage for full price.

Bought two of them for parts, since this set is a great source of beige pieces
which I have an fondness for. There were plenty more left. Don't know if this
is
a national sale, or unique to this particular Toys R Us.

- chris